Personal Information Protection Policy
Toyo Denki Seizo K.K. (“Toyo Denki”) embraces the business principle of prioritizing ethics and contributing to the prosperity of customers and society as a whole, pursuing compliance on a company-wide basis. Achieving suitable management of personal information is a fundamental rule in an information society. Toyo Denki recognizes that it has an important duty as a company to practice and maintain compliance. Accordingly, Toyo Denki has outlined the following personal information protection policy in order to suitably manage and use personal information supplied by persons both within and outside the company, in a manner that is in keeping with the spirit of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter, the “Act”).
Chapter 1 Basic Policy
- Acquisition of Personal Information
Toyo Denki will clearly indicate the purposes of use of personal information and will acquire the same only after obtaining the consent of the person by lawful and fair means.
- Management of Personal Data
Toyo Denki will take safety measures from organizational, technical, human, and physical perspectives.
We will live up to the expectations placed on us by taking appropriate measures, such as the establishment of a personal data management system and internal rules, to address the risks of loss, alteration, and leakage of personal data.
- Use of Personal Information
Toyo Denki will only use personal information within the scope of the purposes of use indicated at the time of acquiring the information. Toyo Denki will obtain the prior consent of the individual in case it is to use personal information beyond the scope of the purposes of use indicated in advance.
- Provision to Third Parties
Toyo Denki will not provide personal data to a third party without the prior consent of the individual, except in cases where there is a duty to disclose the same based on laws and regulations, or where the provision of personal data is necessary for the protection of the life, health, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- Review of this Policy
Toyo Denki will continuously improve its internal regulations and management systems, including this policy, in order to appropriately manage personal information.
Chapter 2 Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The purposes of use of personal information are as follows:
- Personal information of our customers and business partners
- For shipping products
- For providing information on products, services, exhibitions and other events
- For product maintenance
- To respond to inquiries and consultation
- To provide and send various materials such as product catalogs and CD ROMs
- To perform contracts
- For negotiations and discussions related to business transactions
- For entry and exit control at facilities of Toyo Denki
- To achieve other objectives of contracts and businesses
- Personal information of our shareholders
- To exercise rights and perform obligations under laws and regulations
- To implement various measures that will contribute to the understanding of the business conducted by Toyo Denki and for a smooth relationship with Toyo Denki.
- For shareholder management based on laws and regulations
- Personal information of applicants
- To provide and communicate information related to recruitment
- For recruitment work
Chapter 3 Users of Personal Data
Toyo Denki may entrust the handling of personal data to a third party to achieve its purposes of use. In this case, Toyo Denki shall conduct necessary and appropriate supervision over the entrusted party in accordance with the Act.
- Joint Use
Personal data held by Toyo Denki, such as the full name of the individual, address, name of employer, visual image, and information related to products and services purchased by the individual, may be used jointly with group companies, business partners, joint research partners, agents, and others within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use indicated in Chapter 2 Purposes of Use of Personal Information. In this case, Toyo Denki shall be responsible for the management of the said personal data.
- Use by Third Parties
Toyo Denki will not provide personal data to a third party without the prior consent of the individual. However, this shall not apply in the following cases: Toyo Denki will carry out its duties as a personal information handling business operator in accordance with laws and regulations, even when prior consent has been obtained from the individual regarding the provision of personal data to a third party.
- Matters required to be disclosed under laws and regulations.
- In the case where it is necessary to protect one’s life, health, or property but it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- In the case where it is specifically necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children but it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- In the case where it is necessary to cooperate with governmental agencies, local governments, or persons commissioned by either of the foregoing in order to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations
- When entrusting the handling of personal data within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of its acquisition and use.
- In the case of business succession due to a joint venture, company split, business transfer, or other reasons.
- In the case of joint use with group companies, business partners, joint research partners, agents, etc.
Chapter 4 Procedures for Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
- Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, and Deletion
In the event a request has been made by the individual for the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc., of the retained personal data, Toyo Denki will promptly respond to such request in accordance with laws and regulations. Requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc., shall be made in writing to the following contact point, to assure the protection of personal information and its accuracy.
- Response by Toyo Denki
Toyo Denki will respond appropriately within a reasonable scope when such request is received.
〔Contact regarding personal information〕
Human Resources and General Affairs Division, Toyo Denki Seizo K.K.
Chapter 5 Company Name, Address, and Representative
Please refer to Company Profile on our website.
Chapter 6 Personal Information on Our Website
- Specification of the Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Toyo Denki will publicize the purposes of use of personal information on the company’s website when it is necessary for personal information to be provided from the user in using the company’s website. If you do not consent to our purposes of use, please refrain from providing your personal information. However, please note in advance that under such circumstances, you may not be able to take full advantage of the services provided on the website.
- Scope of Use of Personal Information
Toyo Denki will use the personal information provided by the user within the scope of the purposes of use agreed to in advance. Consent from the user will be obtained in advance, in the case where the personal information of the user is to be used beyond such scope.
The website may use information obtained by cookies (a file containing a record of information that has been exchanged between the website and the user’s web browser) to identify the web browser being used or the pages visited by the user. This information will be used for improving convenience and content, when the user visits the website again. Users who do not wish for cookies to be used may suspend their use from the web browser settings. In this case, the user may not be able to make full use of the website.
- The Use of Google Analytics
Toyo Denki uses Google Analytics to analyze the website usage of users in order to improve the website. Google Analytics will gather information on the user by using cookies; however, it will not gather any information that will identify the individual.
End of Document